Microsoft Office Online is a perfect alternative to those who don’t want to buy a paid version of this MS Office, which includes a wide assortment of applications, servers, and services. As the name suggests, it is an online version of MS Office that doesn’t require installing PowerPoint, Excel, and other Office applications on your Windows, Mac, or Mobile Devices.
All you need to have is a web browser along with an interrupted internet connection. The documents, presentations, and spreadsheets you create get stored into OneDrive, which is a cloud-based storage service offered by the biggest tech giant. The only disadvantage of this online suite is that it doesn’t include all the features as compared to the MS Office suite, which is accessible through www.office.com/setup.
But if you only have to deal with the basic editing features, Office Online is worth trying. It comes up with four main programs, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel. While using these programs, you can also have an access to other applications such as Sway, which allows you to generate interactive presentations as well as reports. Check out the steps to access and use Office Online to create, edit, and share the documents.
- Create a Microsoft Account, skip the step if you already have the same
- Go to the Office Online website
- Hit the icon (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc) of the application you want to use
- You will ask to sign in with your Microsoft account
- Choose a template (resumes, cover letters, calendars, etc.) to create your document or file
- Word Online will start creating your document and you can then change its font, style, and more using the different editing features. In addition, you can also set the margins, orientation, and page sizes according to your requirement.
- Other features that you can access are spell checker, zoom in, zoom out, inserting tables, inserting page numbers, headers, footers, and more
- The best part of the Office Online is that you don’t need to save your document as it automatically saves the changes
- To save your file at a different location with a different file name, simply open the File menu and then download the file to your PC in a compatible format or a PDF.
- Click the Open command to access your file or click on the link to “More on OneDrive” to view all your online files
To know more about Office Online or anything associated with office.com/setup, call the Office customer support team.