Every time, when a latest or new update is downloaded on your Windows 10 computer, then the OS will automatically replace the Restart and Shutdown button with the “Update and Restart” and “Update and Shut down” options. Probably, it is one of the best practices so that any update is not missed. But sometimes users find that these buttons continue displayed the same message even when the users have already performed those operations, you need to either restarted or shut down your system. Generally, it can happen when an update fails to install; then your computer continues to prompt you every time to the Update and shutdown. Visit at : office setup
Steps to Update and Shutdown/ Restart not Working
Restart File Explorer
To restart Windows File Explorer might help you in fixing lots of things or issues, particularly when there is a problem with the user interface.
- Firstly, right-click on an Open Spot. It is located in the right side of the Taskbar.
- Click on Taskbar option.
- Alternatively, scroll down towards the Windows Explorer option.
- Then, click on Windows Explorer.
- Click on the Restart button.
In case if you killed it, then you need to press Windows + R together. And then, type explorer.exe and press Enter.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Though, we all know that Windows 10 has various auto repair services built in which easily fix some small issues which usually be fixed manually. Here you also need to run the Windows Update troubleshooter to resolve this issue.
- Launch Settings.
- Click on Update and Security option.
- Then, click on the Troubleshoot
- Alternatively, click on Windows Update, and then ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
However, it will try detecting, and then also fix some common issues which can be resolved by Windows itself. It might take a few minutes to complete the process. At last, if you have any update pending which wasn’t realized by the system, then it will apply the fix by restarting the Windows Update service.
Set the Power Button to Shut Down
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Click on the Power Option.
- Select “Choose what the Power buttons do” option; it is located at the left side of the panel.
- On the other hand, set the Power button setting and select the option, when I press the power button option to shut down.
This would automatically shut down the computer system and will also out installing all the updates. Of course, it is a temporary measure.
Instantly Turn Off without Updating
Whenever you want to turn off your computer without any questions, then you need to follow the given below steps-
- Type the word “shutdown –s –f –t 0” in the Run prompt.
- Then, hit Enter.
- Another option is hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then select Shut down option from the bottom right menu.
Run Windows Module Installer
The Windows Module Installer is a built-in Windows 10 service. It always allows you to fix Windows updates which are stuck. To use this follow few simple steps:
- Click to open a command prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the following command:
- SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
- Click on Enter.
- Once it is executed successfully, then [SC] ChangeServiceConfig Success will display within the Command Prompt console on the screen.
- Now, you need to exit the command prompt, and check it carefully that the buttons are back to normal. More Info Click here : office.com/setup