- Go to the Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Under All Programs or Programs and Features, find Microsoft Office
- Uninstall this version by right-clicking on it
- Wait till the process finishes!
Once uninstalled the installed Office, you can switch to a higher Office suite. The un-installation is mandatory to avoid the software conflict as well as other errors. Now, install the new, i.e. the higher Office version by following these instructions:
- Go to office.com/setup to download and then install your purchased Office suite
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Wait till the installation completes
- Activate the new Office product by redeeming the product key from office.com/myaccount or your registered email ID
- Visit the Microsoft update center
- Check for new updates for the installed Office version
- Click Update, if available
- Skip if it shows that your installed Office product is up-to-date!
- You can also update your productivity suite by clicking the update notification that keeps on popping out while you work on any Office application. For further queries, visit the contact us section at the official website of MS Office.