One of the best things about the Windows 10 OS is Cortana, the digital private assistant by Microsoft. IT is not only witty but also an incredible tool in the Windows Phone 8.1. Cortana on Windows 10 becomes a helping hand in getting tasks easily accomplished.
For Office 365 Setu Visit at : Office Setup
Cortana helps you with receiving reminders, answering questions, sending emails to you and much more. Cortana can carry out the tasks either by entering the text por using voice commands. Simply speaking to her is alright but she needs to hear you clearly. There are a few things to take care of so that she hears you properly and clearly.
Every desktop, laptop or tablet has a kind of mic. It can be built in or an added accessory. If you ever notice that Cortana has any difficulty in listening and identifying your commands,then follow these steps:
- Click right on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
- Click on Recording Devices.
- Open the Sound Properties.
- Be sure to set your Microphone at Default.
- If multiple microphones are listed there, snap your fingers near mic and monitor volume meters to see which one lights up.
- Click on the mic and set it as Default.
- Now, Press the ‘Set Default’ button.
- After that, double-click on microphone that has been set as default.
- In the sub-window, click on the Levels tab.
- Several slides will be visible here.
- Start increasing ‘Microphone’ slider and test Cortana’s ability to hear and understand you.
- Even if you have fully increased the first slider and Cortana still can’t hear you then start increasing Microphone Boost gradually.
- There will be an Enhancement tab, go to it and enable features such as Noise Suppressed.
How to make her recognize your voice even better?
- Train Cortana to recognize your voice better when you speak (Hey Cortana) to bring her up.
- Click on Cortana on the taskbar.
- Click the icon of notebook to open the menu.
- Click on settings and press the Learn my voice button.
- Cortana will then walk you through instructions to finish the process.
- You are all set now.
Keep in mind that there are other factors that could disable Cortana’s hearing ability. For example- poor quality microphone, changed accent etc. These are some reasons Microsoft can’t make Cortana available in all regions even for a universal English language.
More Info Visit at : www.office.Com/Setup