Whenever you click on a website, the information gets saved in the form of a cookie. Cookies include small files which contain website related data. Moreover, your configurations regarding websites selected language, and location also gets stored in cookies. We browsers transfer this information to the sites which allow the sites to offer data customized to meet your requirements. Cookies are capable of storing personal details such as addresses, contact numbers, etc. Therefore, to bolster your digital privacy, it is better to delete cookies from time to time.
Cache enables web pages to load faster. For instance, if you wish to browse a webpage that has large-sized images and other media, then it may take quite a while for the page to load. Opera saves the content of the webpage on the device so that when you revisit the page, it does not take much time to load.
Opera is a critically-acclaimed web browsing software. It can be accessed on multiple platforms such as Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, Blackberry, iOS, Android, etc. It is a speedy and efficient web browser, but at times users notice unexpected behavior while trying to load pages. While cache and cookies can be convenient, they can cause some problems with Opera. For example, web pages stop loading in the right fashion. In this blog, you will get the steps to clear cache and cookies in Opera.
How to remove Opera cache and cookies?
- Firstly, launch the Opera browser on the device.
- Click on the Menu tab located in the upper left edge of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Now, select Privacy and Security from the left pane.
- Below Privacy, press the button for clearing browsing data.
- In the Clear browsing data pop-up window, click on the pull-down menu.
- Choose the time. It is greatly commended to opt for “the beginning of time.”
- Now, check the box next to Cookies and other site data.
- Similarly, check the box next to Cached images and files.
- Click on the Clear browsing data button located at the bottom of the pop-up window.
After completing this stepwise process, you will find that the websites are loading correctly. However, you will have to keep deleting cache and cookies from Opera from time to time.
John Peter is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .