The complete download, as well as installation process, is expected to finish in an hour. The installation process will begin automatically when the download process is over. Kindly do not launch any Microsoft Office applications until and unless the installation process is complete.
Significant Points To Keep In Mind Before Starting The Upgrade
- Connect the Mac device to the power supply before starting the download and installation process to stop the device from going to sleep
- If the Mac device goes to sleep while you are attempting to install Microsoft Office 2016, when the computer wakes up, the installation process will start from the point it left off.
- When the installation process is over, then you can set up Office 2016 services such as Outlook.
- If you use any backup service such as Connected, Chronosync or Time Machine then do not forget to backup the device before starting the MS Office 2016 installation process.
- Users who do not have any backup service, must create a copy of their MS Office 2016 app folder and save it in a folder which is different from the applications folder.
Here are the steps to install Microsoft Office 2016 on Mac
- It is advised that you save all the work and before closing all the open Microsoft apps including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, InfoPath, OneNote, Project, Outlook, Skype, Publisher, as well as Visio.
- Press the Command key on your keyboard. At the same time hit the Spacebar.
- In the box which will appear, enter the following text: Self Service.
- Tap on the Self Service app in order to launch it.
- Select Microsoft from the Categories displayed on the right corner of the window.
- Click on the install button located below Microsoft Office 2016.
Microsoft Office 2016 will start installing on its own when the download process is over. Make sure that you do not open any Office apps before completing the installation process.